Have you recently become engaged? Read along and we will tell you just what you need to do next. Since you were a little girl you have been dreaming about your wedding day. Today, it is a reality! Sit down with your future husband and discuss all the options. Remember to keep an open mind on all his input, after all, it’s his day too. 😉
- Pick a date. Depending on where you live the “peak wedding season”. Factor in holidays or city events. Choose three dates that would work best to give you flexibility when searching for the perfect location. Consider your colors and style when determining your date.
- Set your budget. Every bride has a budget. No matter what it is, we are all on one. Factor in if anyone will be contributing, are the brides parents paying for the whole thing, or are bride and groom paying for it. Do not go in debt for your wedding. You will want to start your new life off with a clean slate so plan your wedding accordingly.
- Create a guest list. Get with your parents and your future in laws to create a guest list. Have your fiance’ give you a list too. Keep in mind the amount of guests you invite will affect your budget in a big way. Decide who will be your attendants and don’t forget to account for their plus one!
- Find the perfect location. Ceremony and reception sites book up quick! Some of these places book 18 months in advance. No Kidding! So get out there and start looking. Keep your guests into consideration too. It’s nice to have ceremony and reception in the same location in order to keep from losing any guests. Here are some of our favorites! The Ballroom at Churchstreet, Lake Mary Events Center, The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne, The Orange County History Center, Winter Park Farmers Market, and Heaven Event Center.
- Start choosing your team of vendors. The team you choose will be vital to how your day plays out. Be sure to meet with a few vendors from each category to be able to compare quality and price. Remember, you get what you pay for. Don’t always for the the cheapest one you find. Also, ask the vendors you have already contracted for recommendations. They will be able to guide you and help you build an all star team. Check out our website for some of our favorite vendors to work with.
- Find Your Dress! Make this fun for everyone involved. It can be just you and your mom or all your bridesmaids, mother, grandmother, and so on. Don’t forget though it’s not always best to have 10 different opinions. Here are a couple great local places to search for your dress. Solutions Bridal, Minervas, and Lily’s Bridal
- Book your accommodations You will want to have a place to get ready that is roomy and convenient to your wedding location. Be sure to think about the night before and if that is where you will be having hair and make up done. You may to ask for a wedding block to accommodate your out of town guest Most hotels offer free transportation if you are within a few miles of the place you choose to hold your perfect wedding.